Michael Jackson was certainly an international artist and his reach spanned the globe. The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies is very fortunate to present foreign language translations of some of its most successful publications as well as work from international academics of note.
- Amisu, Elizabeth, ”La Isla Está llena de rumores’: Revisando al Peter Pan del Pop‘ (Spanish translation of ”The Isle is Full Of Noises’: Revisiting the Peter Pan Of Pop‘ by Marisa Ramirez)
- —, ‘Arrojar Piedras Y Esconder Las Manos: La Personalidad Humana de Michael Jackson‘ (Spanish translation of ‘Throwing Stones to Hide Your Hands’: The Mortal Persona of Michael Jackson‘ by Marisa Ramírez)
- —, ‘¿Estamos Perdiendo a Michael Jackson De Nuevo?‘ (Spanish translation of ‘‘Heard It On The Grapevine’: Are We Losing Michael Jackson All Over Again?’ by Marisa Ramírez).
- Post Scriptum. Po śmierci Michaela Jacksona: This 2010 book by Polish academic, Aneta Ostaszewska takes a look at Jackson as a pop culture phenomenon from the perspectives of sociology and anthropology in an attempt to question how popular culture celebrates death. Roughly translated to Post Scriptum. After the death of Michael Jackson is a follow-up to Michael Jackson as a Mythical Hero. Anthropological Perspective.
- Michael Jackson jako bohater mityczny. Perspektywa antropologiczna: Published in 2009, Ostaszewska’s Michael Jackson as a Mythical Hero. Anthrolpological Perspective explores the discourse around Jackson’s personas and investigates how a once-called “king of pop” grew to be relegated as simply a “self-proclaimed king” by the media.
- Amisu, Elizabeth, ‘Crack Music’: Michael Jackson’s ‘Invincible’ – Dangerous Philosophies 4/12(Italian translation of Crack Music’: Michael Jackson’s ‘Invincible’ by Simo60)
- —, ‘The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson‘ (Italian Translation of ‘Throwing Stones to Hide Your Hands’: The Mortal Persona of Michael Jackson‘)
- Merx, Karin, ‘‘Dangerous’, Un Album Monumental‘ (Italian translation of ‘Academic Book Review of ‘Dangerous’ by Susan Fast‘ by Grazia28)
- Amisu, Elizabeth, ‘Die Insel Ist Voller Geräusche’: Erneuter Besuch Beim “Peter Pan Des Pop” (German translation of ”The Isle is Full Of Noises’: Revisiting the Peter Pan Of Pop‘ by Ilke Lenz-Nolte)
- Ebmeier, Jochen, Das Phänomen Michael Jackson (Hamburg: Rasch und Rohring Verlang, 1997) Author’s links to this text are available via: https://michaeljacksonstudies.org/das-phanomen-michael-jackson-by-jochen-ebmeier/.
- Fast, Susan, “Susan Fast: Michael Jackson’s DangerousAlbum – Kapitel ‘Soul’-‘Seele’.” The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies1, no. 4 (2015). https://michaeljacksonstudies.org/susan-fast-michael-jacksons-dangerous-album-kapitel-soul-seele/. Originally published in English within: Dangerous (London: Bloomsbury, 2014)
- Merx, Karin, ‘Dangerous’ Von Dr. Susan Fast (German translation of ‘Academic Book Review of ‘Dangerous’ by Susan Fast‘ by Ilke Lenz-Nolte)