In this special, Elizabeth and Karin have Brice Najar as a guest. They discuss the album Xscape on various levels. A discussion about Copyright, the integrity to finish the art of an artist, and if so do you put it out as an original Michael Jackson or not and much more. In this lovely, challenging and sometimes bold discussion they agree on one thing. Teach young Michael Jackson fans from his work and not from mixes.
Merx, Karin, and Elizabeth Amisu. “Episode 46 – Xscape: Insights In The Working Brain Of An Artist.” Podcast, Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On: An Academic Conversation 7, no. 6 (2021). Published electronically 04/04/2021. https://michaeljacksonstudies.org/episode46-xscape/.
The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies asks that you acknowledge The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies as the source of our Content; if you use material from The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies online, we request that you link directly to the stable URL provided. If you use our content offline, we ask that you credit the source as follows: “Courtesy of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies.”
Episode 46 – MJAS Exclusive: Escape
By Karin Merx & Elizabeth Amisu and guest Brice Najar
Karin Merx BMus, MA, is editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies, and author of ‘A festive parade of highlights. La Grande Parade as evaluation of the museum policy of Edy De Wilde at the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam’. Find out more about Karin here.
Elizabeth Amisu, PGCE, MA, is editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies and author of The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife. Find out more about Elizabeth here.
- Wealth dynamics test online: www.wealthdynamics.com/
- Brice Najar, Book on the Dance Floor, 2020 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Book-Dance-Floor-Lets-HIStory/dp/B08QBRJBWR
- Damien Shields, Michael Jackson: Songs & Stories Of The Vault (Modegy, LLC.: 3rd edition, 2018).
- Joseph Vogel, ‘Linernotes’, Xscape (Deluxe album) 2014. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=michael+jackson+xscape+deluxe&i=popular&crid=3N14FTNBCK3W9&sprefix=xscape+deluxe+michael+jackson%2Cpopular%2C168&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_29.
- Elizabeth Amisu ed., Oroonoko, Aphra Behn (1640–1689) (See Image)
- Elizabeth Amisu, ‘The Power Of The Editor: Michael Jackson’s Posthumous Releases’, The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and his Afterlife (Preager, 2016) p179.
- Rian Malan, The Lion Sleeps Tonight, Netflix https//www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-lion-sleeps-tonight-netflix-documentary-20190515-story.htm
- Joseph Vogel, ‘Invincible’, Man in The Music (Dutton / Signet; Reprint edition, 2019) p 351.
- Karin Merx, ‘Episode 37 Interview with Dr Susan Rogers’ vol. 5 season 6, The Journal Of Michael Jackson Academic Studies (21/07/18). https://michaeljacksonstudies.org/episode-37/
- Karin Merx & Elizabeth Amisu, ‘Episode 44 ‘Earth Song’, Vol. 6 Season 7, The Journal Of Michael Jackson Academic Studies (21/01/21). https://michaeljacksonstudies.org/episode-44-earthsong/
- Clint Smith, ‘How To Raise A Black Son in America’ Ted Talk (March 2015) https://www.ted.com/talks/clint_smith_how_to_raise_a_black_son_in_america?language=mg
- Paulo Freire, Pedagogy of the Oppressed (Penguin Classics, 2017) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pedagogy-Oppressed-Penguin-Modern-Classics/dp/0241301114/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1HK6GHL5HUU&dchild=1&keywords=the+pedagogy+of+the+oppressed&qid=1617555743&sprefix=the+pedagogy+of+the+oppressed%2Caps%2C161&sr=8-1
- Brice Najar, Interview with Kathy Wakefield https://bricenajar.com/en/kathy-wakefield-en/
- Karin Merx & Elizabeth Amisu, ‘Episode 15 MJAS Exclusive – Live from Kingvention’, vol. 3 season 3 The Journal Of Michael Jackson Academic Studies (13/9/16).https://michaeljacksonstudies.org/episode-15/
- You can find Brice Najar https://bricenajar.com
- ‘An Interview with Brice Najar’ for The Journal Of Michael Jackson Academic Studies. https://michaeljacksonstudies.org/an-interview-with-brice-najar/