In episode 53, Karin and Elizabeth Discuss and review the MA thesis, recently published in the Journal, The Hagiography and teratology and the HIStory of Michael Jackson. They simultaneously talk about biographies and what they should entail for academics, but also how critical readers need to be when reading them.
Merx, Karin, and Elizabeth Amisu. “Episode 53 – Review of the MA thesis of Kelly O’Riley ” Podcast, Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On: An Academic Conversation 8, no. 4 (2022). Published electronically 21/03/2022. https://michaeljacksonstudies.org/review-of-the-ma-thesis-of-kelly-oriley
The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies asks that you acknowledge The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies as the source of our Content; if you use material from The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies online, we request that you link directly to the stable URL provided. If you use our content offline, we ask that you credit the source as follows: “Courtesy of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies.”
Episode 53– Review MA thesis of Kelly O’Riley
By Karin Merx & Elizabeth Amisu
Karin Merx BMus, MA, is editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies, and author of ‘A festive parade of highlights. La Grande Parade as evaluation of the museum policy of Edy De Wilde at the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam’. Find out more about Karin here.
Elizabeth Amisu, PGCE, MA, is editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies and author of The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife. Find out more about Elizabeth here.
- Kelly O’ Riley, ‘Hagiography, Teratology and the HIStory of Michael Jackskson’, vol. 3 Journal of Michael Jackson Studies (January 2022) https://michaeljacksonstudies.org/ma-thesis-by-kelly-m-oriley/
- Michael Jackson, Moonwalk (Arrow 1010) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moonwalk-Michael-Jackson/dp/0099547953/ref=sr_1_1?crid=20QZYQAO8CZBM&keywords=moonwalk+michael+jackson&qid=1647848051&s=books&sprefix=Moonwalk+M%2Cstripbooks%2C930&sr=1-1
- Josheph Vogel, Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson (Sterling; 1st edition,1 Oct. 2011) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Man-Music-Creative-Michael-Jackson/dp/1402779380/ref=sr_1_2?crid=E030DP69AD3L&keywords=Man+in+the+music&qid=1647848165&s=books&sprefix=man+in+the+music%2Cstripbooks%2C187&sr=1-2
- Mike Smallcombe, Making Michael: Inside the Career of Michael Jackson (Clink Street Publishing, 2016) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-Michael-Inside-Career-Jackson/dp/1910782513/ref=sr_1_1?crid=11Y3717IBF0JT&keywords=Making+Michael&qid=1647848407&s=books&sprefix=making+michael%2Cstripbooks%2C140&sr=1-1
- Elizabeth Amisu, The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona And His Artistic Afterlife (Praeger, 2016) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dangerous-Philosophies-Michael-Jackson-Afterlife/dp/144083864X/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1647848551&sr=8-15