Abstract: In this episode, Karin, Elizabeth, and guest Ivana Recmanova discuss topics and articles of international Michael Jackson research. They talk about research from the Biblical, Philosophical, Gender and posthumous perspectives.
Merx, Karin, and Elizabeth Amisu. “Episode 22 – Michael Jackson in International Research” Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On: An Academic Conversation 3, no. 4 (2017). Published electronically 7/02/17. https://michaeljacksonstudies.org/episode-22/
The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies asks that you acknowledge The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies as the source of our Content; if you use material from The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies online, we request that you link directly to the stable URL provided. If you use our content offline, we ask that you credit the source as follows: “Courtesy of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies.”
Episode 22 – International Michael Jackson Research
By Karin Merx, Elizabeth Amisu & guest Ivana Recmanova
1. UK & Biblical Perspectives
2. Dutch Philosophical Perspectives
3. Czech Gender Perspectives
4. American Gender Perspectives
5. Polish Posthumous Perspectives
Ivana Recmanova is a graduate student of linguistics and communication theory at Palacký University in Olomouc, Czech Republic. She is also a columnist at Czech daily Deník Referendum and an amateur rapper. Her research interests include the use of mathematics, physics, biology, and computer science in linguistics, identity studies, and textual analysis.
Find out more about Ivana here.
Karin Merx BMus, MA, is editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies, and author of ‘A festive parade of highlights. La Grande Parade as evaluation of the museum policy of Edy De Wilde at the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam’. Find out more about Karin here.
Elizabeth Amisu, PGCE, MA, is editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies and author of The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife. Find out more about Elizabeth here.
All Our References and Where to Easily Find Them
1. Elizabeth Amisu, “Throwing Stones to Hide Your Hands: The Mortal Persona of Michael Jackson”, The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies, 1, no. 1 (2014).
2. Karin Merx & Elizabeth Amisu, ‘Episode 10 – MJAS Exclusive: 7 Albums, 7 Songs, 7 Years (with Dr. Joe Vogel)‘, Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On: An Academic Conversation season 2.
3. Karin Merx & Elizabeth Amisu, ‘Episode 19 – Celebrating Dangerous25: Michael Jackson’s ‘Dancing The Dream’, Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On: An Academic Conversation season 3.
4. Karin Merx, “From Throne to Wilderness: Michael Jackson’s ‘Stranger in Moscow’ and the Foucauldian Outlaw.” The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies 1, no. 4 (2015).
5. Francesca T. Royster “‘Hee Hee Hee’: Michael Jackson and the Transgendered Erotics of Voice.” The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies 1, no. 3 (2014).
6. Aneta Ostenaszewska, ‘Michael Jackson’s Death as a Social Event’, The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies, 1, no. 3 (2014).