Michael Jackson’s Dangerous Online Video Course: 6-Lesson Online Video Course with Elizabeth Amisu
Single Payment: $340
Delight in the dream as you rediscover Dangerous…
Become a Michael Jackson’s Dangerous expert with this Online Video Course with Elizabeth Amisu.
Earn an esteemed certification on Michael Jackson’s Dangerous album from the luxury of your home!
Dance the dream and expand your knowledge of Michael Jackson’s Dangerous to include fresh new perspectives on the landmark album that changed history. This in-depth 6-lesson online video course is part of Michael Jackson Studies*, a brand new field of research which uses the theories of film, music and culture, while at the same time entering the debates surrounding Michael Jackson’s creative works.
As Dangerous turns 25, celebrate the wonders of this mysterious album with a course that will take your Dangerous knowledge to the next level, so you can use it to write, learn and gain a specific and detailed understanding that will benefit you, your family, friends, and the wider community of Michael Jackson fans and academics. And it’s suitable for those who are new to Michael Jackson, as well as seasoned fans.
Delve deeper and gain interesting perspectives on Michael Jackson’s Dangerous. You can even teach others, use your learning to fuel a creative project, or write an academic article or essay for publication. Already taking a qualification? Use this course to boost your grade. Want to write about Michael Jackson’s Dangerous professionally? This is a wonderful place to get started.
At the end of this online course, you’ll receive a certificate of completion, that’s suitable for framing. This demonstrates that you’ve taken extra training to understand the Dangerous album and all of its complexities, and underlines your preparation to teach Michael Jackson’s Dangerous to others or give professional Michael Jackson’s Dangerous lectures and seminars.
* A free digital companion to Michael Jackson Studies will be available to all participants via an online signup. So too will a whole season of exclusive and innovative podcasts from The Journal of Michael Jackson Studies.
About Your Expert Teacher, Elizabeth Amisu
Elizabeth holds B.A., M.A., and PGCE qualifications, is a lifelong teacher, who specializes in English literature, film studies and popular culture, and the author of The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife, presenter of the podcast, Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On: An Academic Conversation and editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Studies, among other works.
Elizabeth continues to teach thousands of people about Michael Jackson’s art through her writing, podcasting, courses and research.
Lesson One: Welcome and Introduction
Here’s a special welcome message from Elizabeth Amisu and an introduction to your Certified Michael Jackson’s Dangerous Online Video Course. Enjoy re-listening to Michael Jackson’s Dangerous album and watching all the Dangerous short films as you gain these important basics:
- The intention of this course
- What you’ll accomplish on this course
- How to prepare for the course and research
- The best sources to use to begin your study
Lesson Two: Dissecting Dangerous (Short Course here)
Since its release three landmark books have been published on Dangerous, which help us to gain a deeper understanding of the album. This learning module focuses on:
- Providing a clear overview of the Dangerous era
- Reading Joseph Vogel’s Man in the Music in your study of Dangerous
- Key quotes from Joseph Vogel’s Man in the Music
- Reading Susan Fast’s Dangerous (33 1/3)
- Key quotes from Susan Fast’s Dangerous (33 1/3)
- Reading Elizabeth Amisu’s The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson
- Key quotes from Elizabeth Amisu’s The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson
- Using Dangerous theory with its music and short films
- Working with multiple sources simultaneously
- How to use a diary-model for in-depth (and on-the-fly) research
Lesson Three: Dancing Michael Jackson’s Dream
This module is all about Michael Jackson’s book, Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections, and how you can tap into its beauty and connections to Dangerous. You’ll learn these important specifics and concepts:
- How to read and understand Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections
- The three types of entries in Dancing the Dream and how to distinguish them
- Illustrations in Dancing the Dream
- Dancing the Dream’s connections with Dangerous
Lesson Four: Dangerous Dynamics
Learn how to use the album, Dangerous, and the Dangerous Short Films anthology in order to discuss gender, ethnicity and sexuality. You will learn:
- How gender binaries work and are flouted in Dangerous
- How to read the Dangerous Short Films
- How to analyse the Dangerous Short Films
- Effective focusing on case studies and key songs
- How to discuss Afrocentricity in Michael Jackson’s Dangerous
- How to discuss sexuality in Michael Jackson’s Dangerous
- How Michael Jackson hid gems and “Easter Eggs” in Dangerous
- Reading innovative genres in the ground-breaking Dangerous short films
Lesson Five: Decoding Dangerous
This learning module focuses on the physical artefact of Dangerous, the physical album, Pop-up special edition, and the album’s cover art. Elizabeth walks you through:
- Analysing the Dangerous album cover
- Dangerous’ symbols and how to read them
- Dangerous’ icons and how to read them
- Critical perspectives on the Dangerous album cover
Lesson Six: Dangerous by Design
Creativity is the best way of summarizing your learning. This ‘Dangerous by Design’ lesson gives you a wonderful opportunity to create a piece of art or an essay inspired by Michael Jackson’s Dangerous. You will:
- Go through the top articles, which will help you continue your Dangerous research
- Receive detailed advice on how to bring all your ideas together
- Complete your final creative project
- An opportunity to be considered for academic publication, enhancing academic credit for your hard work
Resources: Michael Jackson’s Dangerous (Short Course here)
Elizabeth discusses how you can enhance knowledge of Michael Jackson’s Dangerous in a way that is fulfilling and focused. Free resources include:
- Academic podcast, Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On with special guests, including Dr. Joseph Vogel
- Free academic essays on Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections
- Free academic podcast on Black or White
- Writing a Dangerous Diary for analysis and inspiration
- Six ground-breaking books, The MJ101 Series by Andy Healy
- Citations for every lesson to help kick-start your research
- Michael Jackson Studies community and ongoing support
In addition to these 6 lessons, you’ll also receive:
- Free membership to The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies including…
- Free monthly newsletter, author interviews, columns, essays & articles, book reviews, and academic podcasts.
- A Dedicated Michael Jackson Studies Facebook Page for support and additional resources
- A Michael Jackson’s Dangerous Online Video Course Certificate
- Access to our Free Researchers Resource Service with advice on topics to approach
More About Elizabeth
Elizabeth Amisu holds B.A., M.A., and PGCE qualifications, is a lifelong teacher, who specializes in English literature, film studies and popular culture, and is the author of The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife, presenter of the podcast, Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On: An Academic Conversation and editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Studies, among other works.
Elizabeth has appeared on Dancing with the Elephant, and writes regular columns and articles for The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies. She continues to teach thousands of people about Michael Jackson’s art through her books, podcasts, and courses. For more information on Elizabeth and the courses she presents, please visit www.ElizabethAmisu.com.
My books, courses and resources are designed to help you reach your full potential and improve your life experience. As the law states, I cannot and do not make any guarantees about your ability to get results with my ideas, information, tools or strategies. All products and services by Writing Eliza, ElizabethAmisu.com, MichaelJacksonStudies.org and OnlineArtsEducation.co.uk are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing in this work, any of these websites, or any of this content or curriculum is a promise or guarantee of specific results.
You Might Also Like: