Introduction to Michael Jackson Studies Online Course: 6-Lesson Online Course with Elizabeth Amisu
Single Payment: $170
Gain new insights, research skills and rediscover a classic…
Become a Certified Michael Jackson Studies* Expert with this Online Course with Elizabeth Amisu.
Earn an esteemed certification in Michael Jackson Studies from the luxury of your home!
Awaken your appreciation and expand your knowledge base to include fresh new perspectives on the undisputed King of Pop with an in-depth 6-lesson online course with Elizabeth Amisu. Learn from the expert and gain a deeper understanding, expand your analytical skills and find new meanings in Michael Jackson’s art and life.
Michael Jackson Studies is a brand new field which uses the study of film, music and culture while at the same time entering the debates surrounding Michael Jackson’s art and his extraordinary life. The allure of Jackson — has never been explained. The aim of this course is to do just that, and de-mystify one of the world’s most intriguing artists.
This online course will take your knowledge to the next level so that you can use it to write, learn and gain specific and detailed understanding that will benefit you personally, as well as your family, friends and the wider community of Michael Jackson fans and academics. And it’s suitable for those who are new to Michael Jackson, as well as seasoned fans.
Get the answers and interesting context for important aspects of Michael Jackson’s career and life. You can even teach others, use your learning to fuel a creative project, or write an academic article or essay for publication. Already taking a qualification? Use this course to boost your grade. Want to write about Michael Jackson professionally? This is a wonderful place to get started.
At the end of this online course, you’ll be eligible to be a Certified Michael Jackson Studies* Expert, and you’ll receive a certificate that’s suitable for framing. This paraprofessional worldwide designation demonstrates that you’ve taken extra training to understand the enigma that is the King of Pop, Rock and Soul, and underlines your preparation to teach Michael Jackson Studies to others or give professional Michael Jackson Studies lectures and seminars.
* A free digital companion will be available to all participants via an online signup. So too will a whole season of exclusive and innovative podcasts from The Journal of Michael Jackson Studies.
Elizabeth holds B.A., M.A., and PGCE qualifications, is a lifelong teacher, who specializes in English literature, film studies and popular culture, and is the author of The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife, presenter of the podcast, Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On: An Academic Conversation and editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Studies, among other works.
Elizabeth continues to teach thousands of people about Michael Jackson’s art through her writing, podcasting, courses and research.
Lesson One: Welcome and Introduction
Here’s a special welcome message from Elizabeth Amisu and an introduction to your Certified Michael Jackson Studies Course. Enjoy re-listening to Michael Jackson’s greatest hits to reinvigorate and re-inspire as you gain these important Michael Jackson Studies basics:
- The intention of this course and what you’ll accomplish
- How to prepare for the course and research
- The best sources to use to begin your study
- How to accurately define MJ Studies
Lesson Two: The Man, Not The Myth
This first learning module focuses on the key elements about Michael Jackson’s personal and public life including:
- What Michael Jackson wrote about himself
- Why Michael Jackson became so successful
- How to take effective notes
- Why Jackson’s personas became fragmented
- His 2001 speech at Oxford University
- How racial hostility shaped how people viewed Michael Jackson
- How to interpret Jackson’s songs
- How to interpret Jackson’s short films
- Working with multiple sources simultaneously to get a clearer overview
- How to use a diary-model for in-depth (and on-the-fly) research
Lesson Three: Music & Context 1979-1986
This module is all about the music, Off the Wall and Thriller albums, and how you can tap into the time in which it was created and released. You’ll learn these important specifics and concepts:
- The Wiz & MJ’s “missing years” (the lead up to Off the Wall)
- How you can use the Spike Lee documentary, ‘Michael Jackson’s Journey from Motown to ‘Off the Wall’’ in your research
- The obstacles Michael Jackson faced in his early solo adult career
- How Michael Jackson transitioned creatively and artistically between Off the Wall to Thriller
- What Michael Jackson thought about the albums and his process
- Understand the importance of using podcasts and other sources in your research
- How to interact with the albums while you listen
- How to write about the songs and albums effectively
Lesson Four: Music & Context 1987-1994
Learn how to use the albums, Bad and Dangerous, and Michael Jackson’s book of poetry and reflections, Dancing the Dream in order to answer questions about his loves, life, purpose and art. This module contains important expert advice about Jackson’s poetry and its structure. You’ll learn:
- How to read and understand Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections
- Jackson’s middle-career years
- The effect that cultural changes had on Jackson’s output
- How the Panther Coda proves Michael Jackson was an artist
Lesson Five: Music & Context 1995-2001
How did Michael Jackson transition into adulthood and fatherhood? How did he weather the allegations of 1993? How did these allegations affect his life and work? This module is all about Michael Jackson’s autobiography, HIStory: Past, Present and Future Book 1, Blood on the Dance Floor: History in the Mix and Invincible. Elizabeth walks you through:
- The core message of the HIStory album
- The core message of the Blood on the Dance Floor album
- The core message of the Invincible album
- Michael Jackson’s musical transition between HIStory and Invincible
Lesson Six: A Reason to Create
Creativity is the best way of summarizing your learning. This ‘A Reason to Create’ lesson gives you a wonderful opportunity to create a piece of art or an article inspired by Michael Jackson, in order to understand his process more deeply. You will:
- Receive detailed guidance on how to bring all your ideas together
- Choose a final creative or academic project in your preferred field
- Complete your final creative project
Resources: Michael Jackson Studies
Elizabeth discusses how you can enhance knowledge of Michael Jackson in a way that is fulfilling and focused. Topics include:
- Free academic podcast, Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On
- Free analysis essays on Dancing the Dream and Jackson’s personas
- Writing a Michael Jackson Diary for analysis and inspiration
- Effective Note-taking advice
- Core Reading Lists for every lesson to help kick start your research
- Extended Reading Lists for every lesson to help you further your research
- Michael Jackson Studies community and ongoing support
In addition to these 6 lessons, you’ll also receive:
- Free membership to The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies including…
- Free monthly newsletter, author interviews, columns, essays & articles, book reviews, and academic podcasts.
- A Dedicated Michael Jackson Studies Facebook Page for support and additional resources
- A Michael Jackson Studies Certificate
- Access to our Free Researchers Resource Service with advice on topics to approach
- An opportunity to be considered for academic publication, enhancing academic credit for your hard work
- Free resources, including six groundbreaking books, The MJ101 Series by Andy Healy
- An exclusive bespoke companion to Michael Jackson Academic Studies
More About Elizabeth
Elizabeth Amisu holds B.A., M.A., and PGCE qualifications, is a lifelong teacher, who specializes in English literature, film studies and popular culture, and is the author of The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife, presenter of the podcast, Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On: An Academic Conversation and editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Studies, among other works.
Elizabeth has appeared on Dancing with the Elephant, and writes regular columns and articles for The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies. She continues to teach thousands of people about Michael Jackson’s art through her books, podcasts, and courses. For more information on Elizabeth and the courses she presents, please visit www.ElizabethAmisu.com.
My books, courses and resources are designed to help you reach your full potential and improve your life experience. As the law states, I cannot and do not make any guarantees about your ability to get results with my ideas, information, tools or strategies. All products and services by Writing Eliza, ElizabethAmisu.com, MichaelJacksonStudies.org and OnlineArtsEducation.co.uk are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing in this work, any of these websites, or any of this content or curriculum is a promise or guarantee of specific results.
You Might Also Like: