3. What You Consent to by Using Our Site
4. What Information We Collect
We gather two types of information about users through the Site:
a) Non-Personal Information. When users come to our Site, we may track, collect and aggregate Non-Personal Information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks were “clicked.” We also collect information from the URLs from which you linked to our Site. Collecting such information may involve logging the IP address, operating system and browser software used by each user of the Site. Although such information is not Personally Identifiable Information, we may be able to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
b) Personally Identifiable Information. We collect Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us when you register for an account, update or change information for your account, purchase products or services, complete a survey, sign-up for email updates or Online Courses, participate in our public forums, send us email messages, and/or participate in Online Courses or other services on our Site. We may use the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to respond to your questions, provide you the specific course and/or services you select, send you updates about Online Courses offered by The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies or other The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies events, and send you email messages about Site maintenance or updates.
5. Account Registration
If you register for an account on our Site, you may be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address.
The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies may offer you the ability to receive updates either via email or by posting on portions of the Site only accessible to registered users. In order to subscribe to these services, you may be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address.
7. Participation in Online Courses
The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies offers users the opportunity to participate in an Online Course on or through the Site. If you desire to participate in a course, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such a course. This information may include, among other things, your name and email address.
If you participate in an online course, we may collect from you certain student-generated content, such as assignments you submit to instructors, assignments and student feedback. We also collect course data, such as student responses to quizzes, standalone quizzes, exams and surveys.
8. Communications with The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies
We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you send us an email message or otherwise contact us.
9. Third Party Sites
We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you access or log-in to a third party site, e.g., Facebook, from our Sites. This may include the text and/or images of your Personally Identifiable Information available from the third party site.
We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you provide information in response to a survey operated by us.
11. Partner sites
Partner sites providing Online Course related tools and services to The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies users may collect nonfinancial individual level user data regarding the individual’s use of that partner site while engaged with such Online Course related activities, and the partner sites may share that data with The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies for the purpose of improving The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies’s services, the partner site’s services, and the individual’s education experience. This data includes information such as the amount of time spent on the partner site and pages viewed.
12. Third Party Credit Card Processing
The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies provides you with the ability to pay for Online Courses and other services using a credit card through a third party payment processing service provider. Please note that our service provider – not The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies – collects and processes your credit card information.
13. How We Use the Information
13.1 Non-Personal Information. We use Non-Personal Information to build higher quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Site. We may also use it for other business purposes.
13.3 Updates. We use Personally Identifiable Information collected when you sign-up for our various email or update services to send you the messages in connection with the Site or an Online Course. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
13. 4 Participation in Online Courses. We use the Personally Identifiable Information that we collect from you when you participate in an Online Course through the Site for processing purposes, including but not limited to tracking attendance, progress and completion of an Online Course. We may also share your Personally Identifiable Information and your performance in a given Online Course with the instructor or instructors who taught the course, with teaching assistants or other individuals designated by the instructor or instructors to assist with the creation, modification or operation of the course, and with the institution or institutions with which they are affiliated. Also, we may archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
13. 6 Disclosure to The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies Operations and Maintenance Contractors. We use various service providers, vendors and contractors (collectively, “Contractors”) to assist us in providing our products and services to you. Our Contractors may have limited access to your Personally Identifiable Information in the course of providing their products or services to us, so that we in turn can provide our products and services to you. These Contractors may include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content related to the operation and maintenance of the Site or the Online Course. Access to your Personally Identifiable Information by these contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor to perform its limited function for us.
13. 7 Disclosure to Acquirers. The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies may disclose and/or transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to an acquirer, assignee or other successor entity in connection with a sale, merger, or reorganization of all or substantially all of the equity, business or assets of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies to which your Personally Identifiable Information relates.
14. External Links
15. Confidentiality & Security of Personally Identifiable Information
16. Updating or Deleting Your Personally Identifiable Information
You can access your Personally Identifiable Information and confirm that it remains correct and up-to-date or choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners by logging into the Site and visiting your user account page. You may also contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We try to answer every email promptly, but may not always be able to do so. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within our databases, access logs and other records, which may or may not contain your Personally Identifiable Information.
If you have any privacy-related questions, unresolved problems, or complaints you may contact us via email@example.com.
17. International Privacy Practices
The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies’s Sites are primarily operated and managed on servers located and operated within the Netherlands. In order to provide our products and services to you, we may send and store your personal information (also commonly referred to as personal data) outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to the Netherlands. Accordingly, if you reside or are located outside of the Netherlands, your personal information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your personal information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information when it is transferred. If you reside or are located within the European Economic Area and such transfers occur, we take appropriate steps to provide the same level of protection for the processing carried out in any such countries as you would have within the European Economic Area to the extent feasible under applicable law. By using and accessing our products and services, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
No Information from Children Under 13
The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies strongly believes in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information on our Site from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access this Site at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any Personally Identifiable Information of persons less than 13 years of age that has been collected on our Site without verified parental consent upon learning of the existence of such Personally Identifiable Information.
Effective as of 22 September, 2016.