Certified Michael Jackson & Classical Music Online Video Course: Six-Lesson Online Video Course with Karin Merx
Single Payment: $169
Learn how to appreciate Michael Jackson & Classical Music, learn how Michael Jackson took from various sources to create his music, and the various ways the classical world has embraced his music …
Become a Certified Michael Jackson & Classical Music expert* with this Online Video Course with musician Karin Merx.
Earn an esteemed certification in Michael Jackson & Classical Music from the comfort of your own home!
Expand your knowledge base to include new perspectives on the King of Pop and classical music with a 6-week online video course with Karin Merx. Gain a deeper understanding of Michael Jackson’s music, and expand your appreciation.
Studying Michael Jackson is a brand new field, and in this course you learn about Jackson’s compositions. Unlock the secrets of the music Michael Jackson composed, influenced by classical music and how the world of classical music has embraced Jackson’s Music.
This online course will take your knowledge to the next level so that you can use it to write, learn and gain specific understanding that will benefit you, your friends and family, and the community of Michael Jackson fans and academics. And it’s suitable for those who are new to Michael Jackson, as well as seasoned pros.
Experience the wonders and amazing classical music of Michael Jackson. You can even teach others, use your learning for a creative project, or write an academic article or essay for publication. Already taking a qualification? Use this course to boost your grade. Want to write about Michael Jackson’s music professionally? This is the place to get started.
At the end of this online course, you’ll be eligible to be a certified Michael Jackson & Classical Music expert, and you’ll receive a certificate that’s suitable for framing. This paraprofessional worldwide designation demonstrates that you’ve taken extra training to understand the Michael Jackson & Classical Music, and underscores your preparation to teach the Michael Jackson & Classical Music course to others.
About Your Expert Teacher, Karin Merx
Karin holds BMus, B.A., and M.A. qualifications, and is a lifelong teacher, who specializes in music, visual art, art history, cultural philosophy, film, and cultural history and is the professional artist commissioned for the Michael Jackson Respect Portrait, presenter of the podcast Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On: An Academic Conversation and editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies, among other works. Karin continues to teach thousands of people about Michael Jackson’s art through her creative works, podcasting, courses and research.
Certified Michael Jackson & Classical Music Course Overview
Lesson One: Welcome and Introduction
Here’s a special welcome message from Karin Merx and an introduction to your Certified Michael Jackson & Classical Music Course.
- The intention of this course and what you’ll accomplish
- How to prepare for the course and research
- The sources to use to begin your study
- Sources to start this course
Lesson Two: Classical Concept Part 1
This first learning module focuses on the key elements of Classical Music, Michael Jackson and classical music and how great composers are hybridisers:
- How to define classical music
- What classical music inspired Michael Jackson
- What classical music style(s) Michael Jackson appreciated
- What classical concepts Michael Jackson used
- How Michael Jackson composed music
- About Michael Jackson and Mozart
- How Michael Jackson’s art can be looked at as ‘Gesamtkunstwerk’
- How Michael Jackson can be considered a classical musician
- How to use a notebook for in-depth music research
Lesson Three: Classical Creations Part 1
This module is all about Michael Jackson’s songs that use classical music as prelude. You’ll learn:
- About the relation between the classical piece and Michael Jackson’s song
- How Michael Jackson uses Classical Music as prelude
- How Michael Jackson uses Beethoven’s ‘Ode to Joy’
- How Orff’s ‘O Fortuna’ connects with the Dangerous Tour Teaser video
- How Maurice Duruflé’s ‘Pie Jesu’ is like a lamentation to ‘Little Susie’
- How Mussorgsky’s ‘Great Gate of Kiev’ functions as prelude for the song History
- How Michael Jackson used Aaron Copland’s ‘Fanfare for the common man’ as prelude in his live performance
Lesson Four: Classical Concepts Part 2
Learn how Michael Jackson’s music can be considered classical. You’ll learn:
- What makes Michael Jackson’s Music ‘classic’
- What instruments are mostly used to play his music
- How the sound of non amplified instruments is different to amplified instruments
- What makes Michael Jackson’s music adaptable to classical instruments
- About the sound design in Michael Jackson’s work
- How sound design is adapted by the various instruments
Lesson Five: Classical Creations Part 2 (Short Course Here)
This lesson is all about songs of Michael Jackson that are played by various classically trained musicians and how they interpret Michael Jackson’s music. Karin will walk you through:
- Smooth Criminal played by the Youngest String Quartet and 2Cellos
- They don’t Care About Us played by 2Cellos
- From Paganini to Michael Jackson
- Earth Song played by David Garrett
- Human Nature played by the Stringspace Quartet, Peter Bence and 2Cellos
- Bad played by Peter Bence
Lesson Six: Creative Project
Creativity is the best way of summarising your learning. This ‘Creative Project’ lesson gives you a wonderful opportunity to create a piece of art or an article inspired by Michael Jackson’s music, in order to appreciate his classical music more deeply. You will:
- Receive detailed guidance on how to bring all your ideas together
- Choose a final creative or academic project in your preferred field
- Complete your final creative project
Resources: Michael Jackson & Classical Music
Karin discusses how you can enhance knowledge of Michael Jackson’s music in a way that is fulfilling and focused. Topics include:
- Free academic podcast, Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On
- Writing a Michael Jackson Notebook for analysis and inspiration and ideas
- Effective Note-taking advice
- Michael Jackson Studies community and ongoing support
In addition to these 6 lessons, you’ll also receive:
- Free Bronze membership to The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies when you follow the Journal, like us on Facebook.com/michaeljacksonstudies and follow us on twitter @mjas29
- Silver Membership includes free monthly newsletter, author interviews, columns, essays & articles, book reviews, and academic podcasts. Subscribe to http://michaeljacksonstudies.org/subscribe
- A Dedicated Michael Jackson Studies Facebook Page for support and additional resources
- A certified Michael Jackson as a Classical Musician Certificate
- Access to our Free Researchers Resource Service with advice on topics to approach
- An opportunity to be considered for academic publication, enhancing academic credit for your hard work
More about Karin Merx
Karin holds BMus degree in Classical Music, and B.A., M.A. degrees in Cultural Studies with a specialisation in Art History, spent 20 + years teaching music, and enjoys teaching about the subjects she loves like art, music, cultural philosophy, art history, and cultural history. Karin is musician and visual artist, and enjoys illustrating books and book covers. Her research interests are popular culture, cultural philosophy, music, and art history. She is a professional academic, artist, editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies and together with Elizabeth Amisu host of Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On: An Academic Conversation. She is the author of the academic book, A festive parade of highlights: La Grande Parade as evaluation of the museum policy of Edy De Wilde at the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam published with academic publisher Eburon. This landmark publication, currently exclusively available in Dutch, is the first of its kind that focuses solely on De Wilde and his tenure as the director of the Stedelijk. It is therefore an indispensable source for students and researchers on museum history and modern art in the twentieth century.
My books, courses and resources are designed to help you reach your full potential and improve your life experience. As the law states, I cannot and do not make any guarantees about your ability to get results with my ideas, information, tools or strategies. All products and services by Karin Merx Arts, karinmerx.co.uk, MichaelJacksonStudies.org and OnlineArtsEducation.co.uk are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing in this work, any of these websites, or any of this content or curriculum is a promise or guarantee of specific results.
You might also like