Abstract: This year on June 25, we remember Michael Jackson. It is already 8 years ago that he passed away. In this episode, and the next three, Karin and Elizabeth discuss 8 shortfilms of Michael Jackson. In this episode they talk about Can You Feel It and Beat It short films.
Merx, Karin, and Elizabeth Amisu. “Episode 26 – Part 1: 8 Years – 8 Short Films” Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On: An Academic Conversation 4, no. 1 (2017). Published electronically 21/06/17. http://michaeljacksonstudies.org/episode-26/
The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies asks that you acknowledge The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies as the source of our Content; if you use material from The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies online, we request that you link directly to the stable URL provided. If you use our content offline, we ask that you credit the source as follows: “Courtesy of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies.”
Episode 26 – Part 1: 8 Years – 8 Short Films
by Karin Merx & Elizabeth Amisu
Karin Merx BMus, MA, is editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies, and author of ‘A festive parade of highlights. La Grande Parade as evaluation of the museum policy of Edy De Wilde at the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam’. Find out more about Karin here.
Elizabeth Amisu, PGCE, MA, is editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies and author of The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife. Find out more about Elizabeth here.
All Our References and Where to easily Find Them
1. Episode 10 (25/6/16): MJAS Exclusive: 7 Albums, 7 Songs, 7 Years (With Dr. Joe Vogel)
2. Nada Basheer, Book Review The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife, http://missoverloved.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/review-dangerous-philosophies-of.html.
3. The Jacksons, ‘Can You Feel It’, Triumph Album, You-Tube Michael Jackson’s Vision.
4. Adrian Grant, Michael Jackson: A Visual Documentary 1958-2009 The Tribute Edition (Omnibus Press, 2009).
5. Michael Jackson, ‘Beat It’, Thriller Album, You-Tube
6. William Shakespeare, Macbeth, http://shakespeare.mit.edu/macbeth/full.html
7. Elizabeth Amisu, ‘”Liberace Has Gone to War”: Undressing Michael Jackson’s Fashion’, The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife (Praeger, 2016) 49-58.
8. Joseph Vogel, Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson (Sterling, 2011) 84-85.