Abstract: Invincible and the order of the songs. Karin and Elizabeth, discuss the last studio album of Michael Jackson, Invincible. The main question is: Is there a specific order in the way Michael Jackson assembled the songs on his album Invincible, and to what extend do they have a relation to the various colours used on the cd covers and/or the portrait?
Merx, Karin, and Elizabeth Amisu. “Episode 25 – The order of the songs of Michael Jackson’s last album Invincible” Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On: An Academic Conversation 4, no. 1 (2017). Published electronically 21/05/17. http://michaeljacksonstudies.org/episode-25/
The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies asks that you acknowledge The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies as the source of our Content; if you use material from The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies online, we request that you link directly to the stable URL provided. If you use our content offline, we ask that you credit the source as follows: “Courtesy of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies.”
Episode 25 – The Order of the Songs on Michael Jackson’s Invincible by
Karin Merx and Elizabeth Amisu
Karin Merx BMus, MA, is editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies, and author of ‘A festive parade of highlights. La Grande Parade as evaluation of the museum policy of Edy De Wilde at the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam’. Find out more about Karin here.
Elizabeth Amisu, PGCE, MA, is editor of The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies and author of The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife. Find out more about Elizabeth here.
All Our References and Where to easily Find Them
1. E. Amisu, ”Crack Music’: Michael Jackson’s Invincible’, The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies, http://michaeljacksonstudies.org/crack-music-michael-jacksons-invincible/ vol. 1, 2 (2014).
2. E. Amisu, ‘Invincible: Michael Jackson’s Lost Late Album’, The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife (Preager 2016) 147-154.
3. J. Vogel, ‘Invincible‘, Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson (Sterling 2011) 218-249.
4. Z. O’Malley Greenburg, Michael Jackson, Inc: The Rise, Fall, and rebirth of a Billion-Dollar Empire. (Atria Books 2014).
5. M. Smallcombe, Making Michael: Inside the career of Michael Jackson, (Clink Street Publishing 2015).
6. E. Amisu, Invincible Course http://onlineartseducation.co.uk/course/invincible/
7. I. Petitjean, Dangerous: from Mark Ryden to Michael Jackson. Pop Culture in the Pantheon of Fine Arts (Delatour France 2017). Delatour-France